Sunday, May 6, 2012

Things that make me smile

This past week was hectic.  I don't really remember why.  Probably because I haven't had a weekend home without any major events in about a month, and the build-up of not having clean laundry and a clean house in addition to the stress of a photo shoot in the studio this past Friday, and prepping for a photo shoot at my house this upcoming week...ok, now I remember why it was hectic.  My garage, kitchen, and dining room are still looking very patriotic from the items I shot on Friday.  Today, I should probably clean out the garage and hem the curtains we're using for the photo shoot in my dining room this coming Wednesday.

Anyway, one major highlight of my week was making this purchase at Costco.  I love Sharpies, and colorful Sharpies make everything happier!

24 colorful options!
This past Wednesday, we found out Josh received a full academic scholarship to the University of Iowa's Law School.  I'm really proud of him.  In the next few months, things will certainly be changing a lot around here.  We had to cancel our Florida vacation (that I had just reserved on Tuesday) since it was scheduled August 16-23 and classes begin on August 20.  However, his aunt was sweet as always and offered the condo to us whenever we could fit it into Josh's new academic schedule.  In an attempt to process all the life-changing news on Wednesday, we took Sophie on a little walk.  She was very happy about it (she loves walks!), yet confused as we went a different route than we usually go.  I can't get enough of her sweet smile and trust it will help make the transition into next chapter in our life a bit more manageable.

Sweetest Mini Schnauzer ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment