Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Photo Ready

Today I had a photo shoot at my house.  My co-worker had been looking for a dining room, and rather than create a set to get the environment he needed, he asked to use my dining room.  The large sliding doors create lots of great natural light, and he knew I'd be a great homeowner.  The best part - they took down the giant mirror that filled the majority of the back wall in the dining room. 

This is a picture of what the room looked like when we first moved in the fall of 2007.


This is before we installed our new floors in January 2009.


The new floors really updated the room.


I painted the walls from green to blue, and then to blue.


And now, the mirror is finally gone.  No more awkward stares while eating dinner.  No more awkward mirror checks mid-conversation.  Thank God.  I'll post photos once the photo shoot is done (and I have made the room my own).  I can't ruin the surprise of the story!  It will appear in the winter 2013 of the magazine.  You'll just have to wait.

Prop boxes
I had to let out the hem in the curtain panels to lengthen them.
And then I hemmed the panels.
Primping the model and the set.
Wade taking photos of photos.
Some of the photography equipment.


No comments:

Post a Comment