Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sophie Turns Four

Today is Sophie's birthday.  She turned four years old.  I used to not like dogs...at all.  I don't like germs.  I don't like poop.  I don't like drool...or dog hair...or dog farts...really, the list goes on for a while.  Anyway, Sophie has totally changed that for me.  She makes me so happy and helps me to appreciate things in life I took for granted before - like greeting people when they arrive.  She makes me feel like the most special person in the world when I get home, and for that I am so appreciative.  She has also taught me to feel more compassionate.  I love how other people love Sophie - it makes me feel like I did a good job.  One day, when I have a human baby of my own, I hope I can show it as much love as I do Sophie. 

Sophie lying down

Sophie sitting pretty

Sophie sitting (and anxiously awaiting a treat)
Sophie's birthday treats - peanut butter treats, carob bones, and a birthday lollipop

Sophie really wanted her birthday lollipop.

The anticipation and the kill...

No comments:

Post a Comment