Friday, May 4, 2012

Luncheon

Last Saturday, I spent the morning at a luncheon at my church.  I decorated an eight-person table and served dessert (the g-free pineapple upside down cakes).  I mentioned here how I was determined to make a friend at the luncheon.  And, I guess I did.  There were two ladies I didn't know at my table (in addition to Minna, mom and Dina).  One of whom was also gluten-free.  I'm not best friends with this lady, however I was able to find common ground with a new person.  For that, I say I accomplished my goal.  We're probably not going to be besties, but it's nice to get to know someone new, and have one more friendly face at church.  It was also nice to spend a morning serving others (almost one of my 30 before 30 items).  And the rave reviews from the delicious dessert were rewarding.

The mini g-free upside down cakes turned out!

My table fully decorated.

Mom and Dina came!

My bookclub ladies - Angel, Crystal, Misty, me, and Minna

Detail of the place settings.


The overall table.

No comments:

Post a Comment