Friday, May 11, 2012

New Chapters

The month week has been filled with a lot of activity.  Josh was in St. Louis for work because he accepted a promotion.  Mom was in the hospital for a weekend.  I went to Chicago for KBIS.  I had a bunch of photo shoots for work.  My older sister got engaged to a guy she's dated for about three months and is planning a September 4 wedding in Las Vegas.  My 14-year-old sister thinks she should go to Warp Tour this summer.  My dad decided he isn't going to bring his Canadian girlfriend back to America this summer.  And in all the craziness, Josh received a full academic scholarship to attend the University of Iowa Law School starting this fall.  Sorry if I'm on repeat.  It's been a crazy week.  We plan to move Josh into an apartment in Iowa City where he'll spend the next three years earning his JD.  I'm so proud of him!  I have always believed in him and knew something good would come his way; it just took a little longer than Josh originally thought.  Five days after Josh received the good news about his scholarship, he received another job offer.  I guess it's true that things come in threes.

We decided since I have such a great job and we want Josh to focus full-time on law school, that I'll stay living in our townhouse while Josh is in Iowa City.  Michaun said it best when she said it's like Josh is gone full-time for work (say, traveling like her husband used to do) except Josh gets holidays and summers off.  This weekend, Josh and I plan to look at apartments.  We know he wants to live close to campus, and preferably on the West side of the river.  After looking online, we realize there are lots of options, however the good options are pretty few.  We've never looked at apartments before, so this will be a first for us.  Wish us luck.  It's a jungle out there, and from what I know, they don't love Iowa State fans...which is kind of too bad for us.  I wonder if I should take my Iowa State license plate cover off my car for the next three years...

Boyd Law Building at the University of Iowa

No comments:

Post a Comment