Friday, October 12, 2012

Fab Finds: Custom Street Sign

My friend, Heidi from My Kids Eat Candy, made a custom street sign (see below) that she hung in her beautiful new home (I'm dying to see it!).  She and her husband listed all the streets they'd lived on, then she put it in an InDesign document, saved as a .jpg, and printed it at Costco for about $70.  I love this idea.  I've lived in a lot of places, but it seems like a lot of fun to write down all the streets.  I also love that Greeley Street, Ash Avenue, and Stanton Avenue are places Heidi and Nate lived during their college career at Iowa State.  I lived on Lynn Avenue for three years; it was one block from Ash Avenue (where Emily and I lived at a fraternity during one summer between sophomore and junior year of college).

(source)

Combined, the streets Josh and I have lived on are below.  They include two countries, two air bases, and three states.

Some street on Clark Air Base (mom, I'm going to need help on this one)
State Highway 101
Teak Avenue
Franklin Avenue
Railroad Street
Front Street
Rockford Road
Westown Parkway
Richardson Court
Union Drive
Lynn Avenue
Gray Avenue
Ash Avenue
SW 35th Street
Oakcrest Street

No comments:

Post a Comment