Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fab Finds: Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I love Brussels sprouts. Ever since I can remember, I've obsessed over them. I always wanted them for my birthday dinner growing up. My mom used to have to plate them one by one so my sister and I wouldn't fight over who had more (because we both wanted to have the most). Now, as a mature adult, I still obsess. Today, while at Costco, I thought I'd try out the packaged raw Brussels sprouts. I've only cooked them when purchased frozen, and I always steam them. However, I try to experience new things periodically, so I made the recipe below.

Roasted Brussels sprouts
1 pound of Brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Mix olive oil, salt and pepper in a quart ziplock bag. Wash produce thoroughly and trim any excess stems from the Brussels sprouts. Cut in half and toss in bag, allowing mixture to cover well. Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment