Thursday, October 4, 2012

Happy Day

Yesterday, when I was at a stoplight on my way home from the doctor's office and Walgreen's, I spotted a very wonderful thing:  a sign indicating a Caribou Coffee is opening in Ankeny.  Oh, happy day!  My dreams are finally coming true!  If only the new HyVee would open right by house, I'd be set!  And who knows, maybe the new HyVee will have a Caribou (because there are already three Starbucks locations in Ankeny - we don't need another one).


Having a Caribou within a seven-minute drive from my house is truly a wonderful thing!  I hope they'll carry Joia sodas, too.  That would be even more spectacular! 

On that note, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month (and National Bullying Awareness Month - thanks for the heads up, Ellen), which means my favorite tea is for sale at Caribou - Amy's Blend.  If you haven't had it before, you're missing out.  It's delicious - almost like chai tea without all the crazy calories.  I like to stock up on it since they only carry it in October...which is my birthday month in case anyone needs ideas...for my birthday...which is on Tuesday.

(source)
Upon further research, I learned the property located at 909 SE Oralabor Road in Ankeny (thanks to the City of Ankeny September Building Report) was purchased in 2003 by Denny Elwell Co., and they've been sitting on the property since then, hoping the economy would improve.  I'm guessing the opening of Caribou is good news.  According to the property summary, Caribou is scheduled to open in Fall 2012...which I'm guessing is pretty darn soon!  I plan to be there with bells and whistles on...just wait for it.

(source)

No comments:

Post a Comment