Friday, October 26, 2012

Blast From The Past

This week, while working like crazy to meet a very tight deadline, one of my favorite people stopped over at my photo shoot location - my former high school yearbook teacher and adviser, McR. Of course, I had to take a break (probably my only break this week) and catch up with her. She was back in Des Moines (her former stomping grounds) to visit old friends. It's been years since we last saw one another, and I was really missing her. Though we only met for a few minutes, it was wonderful, quality time. I'm so grateful to have her in my life. She encouraged me to go to college (at the University of Iowa) and to be a Kappa. I got half of that one right!

Anyway, some people come and go, but I'm so glad that McR has been there for me over the past ten years and always seeing the best in me, constantly encouraging me to do more and be better. I hope I can one day be as wonderful as she is.

As I reflect, I can't help but think about how what I do for work is really like yearbook for grow ups. I try to stay on trend. I get to know lots of people and feature a diverse selection in the book. I am obsessed with getting the most beautiful shot possible... Seriously, it's kind of a dream job I have...one I've been training for over the past decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment