Tuesday, October 16, 2012

There's No Place Like Ames

I love Ames.  I love Iowa State.  I love Kappa at Iowa State.  Ames has a very special place in my heart.  Today, I read that Ames was voted the number two Best College Town in America (read the full article here).  Ithaca College in New York came in first; The University of Iowa in Iowa City came in fourth.  I'm proud to say I'm part of the proud group of Iowa State alumni.  And I'm happy to learn Iowa City isn't as trashy of a town as I once thought (it is still the current #2 party school according to Princeton Review)...until about six months ago...

(source)

And here are some fun facts about Ames (taken directly from here):
Population: 89,575
Student concentration: 285.4 (per 1,000 people)
2-bedroom apartment: $740/month

Earning Potential: $35,426

Colleges: Iowa State University
Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment