Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Color Run

On Saturday, I participated in The Color Run in Des Moines.  There were two waves of races - one at 1 PM, and another at 4 PM - with a total of approximately 27,000 participants (and 600 volunteers) according to the Des Moines Register.  Gena and Luke drove down from Minneapolis, and Kari drove down from Ames, and we all ran together (well, we walked and talked a lot, too).  We arrived around noon for the 1 PM race, and ended up being in the first wave of the race (there were about 13 waves).  I had a blast.  I would love to do it again.




Check number13 off my 30 before 30 list!  And then Gena found this other fun run, The Glo Run.  I think it sounds super fun to run at night with a glow-in-the-dark shirt and three other pieces of glow swag.  Sign me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment