Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Gluten-free Pantry Staples

I love my pantry. I love to keep staples in it, so I'm not running to the grocery store on a regular basis (or even weekly). Even though I follow a pretty strict g-free diet, I still manage to find things that can last for a little bit on my pantry shelves.

I also find solace in having an organized pantry. I organize it like a grocery store - I make departments for all my "like" items. For instance, the top shelf has cereals, chips, popcorn (and the popcorn maker), and coffee goods. The second shelf has canned veggies, soups and broths, snacks (at eye level), root vegetables, rice, quinoa, and dried beans. The next shelf has ingredients for Italian, Asian, and Mexican meals next to sweets (peanut butter, Nutella, dried fruit, and coconut), and then drink mixtures (tea, hot chocolate, emergen-c, etc.). The shelf below that has baking supplies and Sophie's treats. The floor (that you can't really see) is where I store large carrying cases (for my Pyrex and cupcakes), sun tea jar, grilling utensils, wine, and my crock pot.

I have my pantry down to a science. It works for me and I love it being organized (without the hassle of having everything in coordinating containers).

No comments:

Post a Comment