Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fab Finds: Joia

Saturday afternoon, I caught up with Lindsay, a friend from high school.  I am pretty sure we haven't seen one another since we graduated from Wayzata High School in June of 2003.  (P.S. That seems like a long time ago!)  Anyway, she invited me over to her house in Edina, and we had the best time catching up.  We gossiped about old high school classmates, discussed what we "really do" at work, and completely enjoyed the company of one another.  Lindsay moved out to NYC with her hubby for a few years after graduating from undergrad at the U of M, and they've been back in the Minneapolis area for the past two years.  Last fall, when Josh and I visited NYC for the first time, Lindsay was kind enough to share with us her top places to go in NYC - it was a thorough list and I truly appreciated her input (word-of-mouth marketing is WAY better than reading it on tripadvisor).

When I first arrived at her house, she gave me the grand tour.  I'd already seen a few pictures on Facebook, but seeing it in person was more fun.  She's remodeling her kitchen this fall, and we've talked all about cabinets, surfaces, appliances, layouts, lighting...the works.  So, seeing her final picks for tile and countertop in person was exciting.

Anyway, after the tour, we sat in her beautifully landscaped backyard and sipped Joia Life sodas.  Um, DE-licious.  Apparently one of Lindsay's MBA projects was to do some marketing for Joia, and I'm so glad she did!  I enjoyed sipping the Pineapple, Coconut & Nutmeg beverage, while Lindsay sipped the Grapefruit, Chamomile & Cardamom beverage.  Heavenly.  Refreshing.  My mouth is literally watering now just thinking of them.  And, after doing a handy little Internet search, I learned I can purchase them at the Caribou on Mills Civic Parkway in West Des Moines.  I will probably have to go there tomorrow.  I can't wait...

I could sip you all day long, Joia!

No comments:

Post a Comment