Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Nephew, the Football Star

My nephew, Jeramie, is in seventh grade and started his football season last week.  He plays on a turf field, and wears the same pads that "the big kids" wear.  I can't believe he's old enough for this.  I still remember when my sister called to tell me she was going into labor...and I told her to wait to have him until I arrived (FYI, that didn't happen).  Anyway, Jeramie looked so old all suited up for his game...and he's basically the same height as I am.  When did this happen?


Jeramie had a great first game, rushing 50 yards to score a touchdown (the team's first of the season and game).  We are all very proud of him and look forward to watching more games this season (and hopefully more in the years to come).

I asked Dina which kid was Jeramie.  Her response, "He's the one wearing black socks."


Touchdown!
After the game, we had the chance to take a quick family picture.  I love having Dina and her kids around and the opportunity to watch them make memories doing things they love.


No comments:

Post a Comment