Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Quick and Easy Dinner

I didn't feel like making anything for dinner tonight. After coming to grips with the fact that I have very few options, and I'm not ok with starving, I whipped up this crazy concoction: Quinoa with shredded chicken, chickpeas, and dried cranberries. The shredded chicken was in the freezer; I made it on Sunday for occasions such as this! Everything else was in my pantry. Overall, I like the meal. It turned out a little salty, but I can deal with it. Here's the recipe.

Quinoa Fall Medley
1 cup quinoa
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup water
Dash of salt
1/4 cup shredded chicken
1/2 can chickpeas
2 tablespoons dried cranberries

Boil water and broth with dash of salt. Add quinoa and reduce heat to low; cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add shredded chicken, chickpeas and cranberries. Mix together and serve.

I'm contemplating adding feta crumbles tomorrow. We'll see how wild I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment