Monday, September 17, 2012

The Apple Orchard

It's officially fall.  Maybe not on the calendar (the technical date is apparently on September 22), but in my world it is.  Yesterday was Josh's grandparent's Annual Harvest Festival.  It was amazing as always, and this year there were more attendees than ever before (or at least it seemed that way to me)!  The high temperature yesterday was 82 - it was a perfect day!  I forgot to put the memory card in my camera, so these pictures are from my iPhone and then the really nice ones are from Josh's Aunt Pam (remember, she took some of our wedding photos).  I look forward to this event every fall.  It makes me proud to be a part of such a wonderful family, and I really enjoy helping out and meeting/greeting the guests.  This year, my mom and nephews came along with me.  They all loved it (their naps on the way home were proof of that!) and my mom wants to come back next year to help set up.  I think if she hadn't had back surgery this past June, she would have asked to help make the fresh-pressed apple cider.  Overall, the day was a success!

Pam made this Ad for the family to post on Facebook to promote the event.

Pictures courtesy of Aunt Pam
 

Since we didn't get a family picture this year, here's one from last year.  And then for fun, below that are photos from 2009 and 2008.  Apparently we didn't go in 2010...which is kind of disappointing.  Seeing how Sophie's changed over the years is quite fun - she was so fluffy in 2008 (when she was just a few months old).

2011 Apple Festival
2009 Apple Festival
2008 Apple Festival

1 comment:

  1. So glad you and Josh made it to the festival. Great way for the family to spend the day together.

    ReplyDelete