Thursday, June 28, 2012

Surgery Update

The Mom's surgery went well.  We arrived at the hospital at 5:30 this morning.  By 7, she went into surgery.  By 11, they were done and she was in recovery.  By 1 this afternoon, she was in her hospital room.  Seeing mom in pain is never a good thing for me.  I have a super low tolerance for pain, and seeing mom in pain made me lightheaded.  It probably didn't help that I had a work meeting at 11:30 downtown and had to haul back to West Des Moines where the hospital is so I didn't miss anything.  In my rush, I forgot to eat lunch.  I don't skip meals.  I get hangry when I don't eat.  But, when mom is in pain or in the hospital, it doesn't really matter how I feel.  All I care about is how she is.  She's resting now in the recliner in her room.  Whenever she moves, I worry something is going to come undone and her intestines will come shooting out the three-inch cut in her throat where they opened her up for surgery.  I'm a weenie.  I get scared when my mom is in pain.  I also get lightheaded when Sophie gets shots at the vet.  This is probably why it's a good thing I don't work as a health professional.
The view from the patio at the hospital.
Mom resting in her recliner.



No comments:

Post a Comment