Sunday, June 17, 2012

Smarty Pants

This past semester was my first semester advising at Kappa.  I've been president of the Des Moines Alumnae Association, but after doing that for two years, I was ready for a change.  I was happy to help when I heard the Iowa State chapter needed a couple of advisers.  In college, I was the social chair and then corresponding secretary for Kappa.  Additionally, I was the VP of Risk Management for CPC (Collegiate Panhellenic Council) for Iowa State.  I learned more than I could have imagined when I was in these leadership roles.  I'm so glad I had the opportunity to learn and experience all I did, so when I had the opportunity to help out on the collegiate level, I couldn't wait to dive in and help.

The two advising positions available were social chair and scholarship.  Since I love school, I chose scholarship.  The girl I've been advising is amazing.  She's a sophomore, and taking on the VP-AE (vice president of academic excellence) role, is quite an undertaking.  However, Annie was up for the challenge, and eager to make her mark.  We taught each other quite a lot this semester, and one thing I'm happy to report is an increase in grades.  The overall chapter GPA increased by 0.12 to 3.21.  They're now ranked fifth overall for all the Iowa State sororities.  I'm so proud of Annie.  Her dedication to the improvement of the chapter is impressive and I look forward to working with her for fall semester.

Spring 2012 Semester Grades

No comments:

Post a Comment