Friday, June 1, 2012

Getting Things Done

I like to do things.  I like to set goals and accomplish them.  So, when I made my 30 before 30 list, I became a little nervous I may not accomplish my goals.  I don't like to tell people my goals.  That way, they'll never know if I don't reach my goals.  I don't like failing.  I'm a people pleaser (shocking, I know).  Anyway, I'm pleased with my progress.  Here's a little update:

30 before 30

  1. Pay off a student loan
  2. Learn how to do my eye makeup
  3. Go to Alaska
  4. Catch a fish
  5. Go skiing
  6. Make a quilt
  7. Sip wine in Sonoma
  8. Visit all five Great Lakes {In May 2012, I visited four of the five Great Lakes.  I hope to get Superior in this fall, perhaps on a 50th birthday trip with my mom?!}
  9. Sail on a sailboat
  10. Learn how to play chess
  11. Read Pride & Prejudice
  12. Go to a zoo {I'm hoping to go to the St. Louis or Omaha zoos with Heather and Baby T.}
  13. Run a 5K {I'm hoping to run the Color Run in October with Kari, Gena and Luke!}
  14. Run a 10K
  15. Eat lobster in Maine {I may have a photo shoot there this summer...}
  16. Build a sandcastle {Hopefully this happens when Emily and I go to Michigan this summer.}
  17. Drive down the California coast
  18. Try paddle boarding
  19. Build a snowman
  20. Donate 10" of hair to Locks of Love {I'm growing it out now!}
  21. Venture to the bottom of the Grand Canyon {Michaun and I hope to go in September when we visit Las Vegas for my sister's wedding.}
  22. Learn how to square dance
  23. Grow a garden {Done in May 2012!  Already enjoying the fruits of my labor!}
  24. Wear my size 27 J.Crew jeans
  25. Visit Yellowstone National Park
  26. Go ziplining
  27. Be in more than one place at once {Done in May 2012 standing on the International Boundary Line dividing the US and Canada.}
  28. Ride a day of RAGBRAI
  29. Enter a contest at the Iowa State Fair
  30. Spend a day helping someone else

No comments:

Post a Comment