Saturday, June 16, 2012

Indiana Roadtrip

After what seemed like the longest week I've had in a while, Josh and I headed out to Indiana after work yesterday.  To catch you up, when we were on our way back from New York a couple of weeks ago, Josh test drove a car in Indiana and really liked it.  So, that's where we were headed after work last night.  We drove about five hours, and then stayed at a Holiday Inn in Joliet, Illinois.  The hotel was at least 20 years old...and it smelled like the boxes my grandma used to send me when I was little (stale smoke).  It's funny how certain smells and memories stick with you.

Anyway, this morning Josh and I drove out to Middlebury, Indiana, and picked up his car.  Then, we turned right around and drove home.  We stopped once for gas, once at Subway for Josh, and one final stop at the Williamsburg Outlet Mall.  Other than that, we were on the road all day.

Josh's car - a 2007 Mazda Speed 6

I did the math.  In 24 hours, we drove more than 900 miles, drove through 3 states, stayed at 1 crappy hotel, and finally made it home with Josh's car.  It only took two cross-country trips to get his car...  So, after spending the last 24 hours getting Josh his car, I'm crossing one off my 30 before 30 list:  Spend a day helping someone else.  So, here is my updated list.

30 before 30

  1. Pay off a student loan
  2. Learn how to do my eye makeup
  3. Go to Alaska
  4. Catch a fish
  5. Go skiing
  6. Make a quilt
  7. Sip wine in Sonoma
  8. Visit all five Great Lakes {In May 2012, I visited four of the five Great Lakes.  I hope to get Superior in this fall, perhaps on a 50th birthday trip with my mom?!}
  9. Sail on a sailboat
  10. Learn how to play chess
  11. Read Pride & Prejudice
  12. Go to a zoo {I'm hoping to go to the St. Louis or Omaha zoo with Heather and Baby T.}
  13. Run a 5K {I'm signed up to run the Color Run in October with Kari, Gena and Luke!}
  14. Run a 10K
  15. Eat lobster in Maine {I may have a photo shoot there this summer...}
  16. Build a sandcastle {Hopefully this happens when Emily and I go to Michigan this summer.}
  17. Drive down the California coast
  18. Try paddle boarding
  19. Build a snowman
  20. Donate 10" of hair to Locks of Love {I'm growing it out now!}
  21. Venture to the bottom of the Grand Canyon {Michaun and I hope to go in September when we visit Las Vegas for my sister's wedding.}
  22. Learn how to square dance
  23. Grow a garden {Done in May 2012!  Already enjoying the fruits of my labor!}
  24. Wear my size 27 J.Crew jeans
  25. Visit Yellowstone National Park
  26. Go ziplining
  27. Be in more than one place at once {Done in May 2012 standing on the International Boundary Line dividing the US and Canada.}
  28. Ride a day of RAGBRAI
  29. Enter a contest at the Iowa State Fair
  30. Spend a day helping someone else {Done today!}

No comments:

Post a Comment