Monday, June 11, 2012

Wedding Season

Josh and I attended our first wedding of the summer this past weekend in New Hampton, Iowa.  The wedding was in a Lutheran Church, and reminded me much of our own wedding.  While we take a walk down memory lane, here's a picture of us from our wedding day on June 7, 2008, taken by the amazing Daniel Folkers, one of my childhood friends from North Dakota.  We were also lucky enough to have Josh's Aunt Pam take some amazing shots, too (and give us a scrapbook of our wedding the morning after our wedding - she's a superhero!).  Oh, and it was our fourth anniversary this past week.

06.07.08 | Sion Lutheran Church | Lake Mills, Iowa


06.07.08 | Sion Lutheran Church | Lake Mills, Iowa
The church this weekend in New Hampton was much larger than the church we were married in, but the ceremony still felt intimate.

Love the gold paint!
After the ceremony, I made a stop at the ladies room.  Right outside the ladies room, was this beautiful piece of art.  I had to laugh.  It's the happiest portrait of Jesus I've ever seen!

My guess:  Jesus on the Sea of Galilee before multiplying the bread and fish?


No comments:

Post a Comment