Monday, June 11, 2012

Sew Away

When I was in second grade, my mom taught me how to sew.  The older I get, the more grateful I am for the skills she instilled in me and my sister.  From canning to gardening, laundry and cleaning, I don't know how she taught us how to do so much, but she did.  So, back to this weekend.  On Friday, I had a long day at work prepping for a shoot I have this week.  To de-stress, I decided I wanted to make a dress.  Last year, I picked up some fabric and a Simplicity pattern at JoAnn Fabric.  One year later, I did something with it.  I worked until 1:30 AM, but the dress turned out beautifully.  And the invisible zipper I put in was perfect.  When mom looked at the dress, she couldn't figure out how I put it on since she didn't see a zipper.  That's good news, my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment