Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fruits of My Garden

On Saturday, Michaun and I had a delightful lunch - caprese salad made with fresh basil from my garden.  It was amazing.  I can't wait for more of this to happen this summer, and hopefully with my own tomatoes! 

Caprese salad

In other gluten-free food news, I made banana ice cream on Sunday.  The process to make the ice cream was actually quite amazing.  I found the recipe on Pinterest, and was a little nervous to try it.  I've had some major fails with Pinterest recipes (apparently not all recipes are tested in the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen like I assume any recipe I use has been).  Try making this.  You won't regret it.

The ingredients:  frozen bananas, dash of milk, cocoa powder and peanut butter

Chocolate peanut butter banana ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment