Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fab Finds: Forkly

On Sunday, I had brunch with Jaime - a good friend from high school - at Blackbird Cafe in Minneapolis.  We both ordered The Colleen Obrien [rancheros plus house made chorizo & avocado].  It was delicious.  Pretty much every time I'm up in Minneapolis, Jaime and I have the opportunity to catch up and it's really wonderful (typically, we reconnect over a lovely meal).  We learn a lot from one another, and now that Jaime is working full-time on her MBA, I know she'll have even more wonderful things to share with me.  This week, she introduced me to a new iPhone app:  Forkly.  If you like food, you should probably download it.  It's kind of like FourSquare and Twitter had a baby.  You take pictures of food (from restaurants), rate it, and then share it.  The goal is to become a Tastemaker, which means the foods you photographed (and likely ate) was loved by your followers...basically, it means you're respected in the food world.  I think this may become a new addiction of mine as it could open up a door to the eating-out g-free world...

forkly

No comments:

Post a Comment