Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cassie's Wedding: Part One

It had been about a year in the making, but Cassie's wedding weekend has officially come and pass.  It was a beautiful day that I was honored to spend with her.  The festivities kicked off on Thursday when we met at the hotel, Best Western Plus in Bloomington, to decorate or the reception.  Then, we got gussied up and drove over to the location where the ceremony would be held, Black Bear Crossings on the Lake in St. Paul.  The weather was perfect - high 80s with a little breeze.  We walked through our roles for the ceremony, and then we were of to the rehearsal dinner at Dixies on Grand in St. Paul.  Also, this was the first time I'd had the opportunity to wear the dress I sewed earlier this summer, so I was happy to sport it!

So happy to celebrate her big day!

Cassie's parents walking her down the aisle

The happy couple at the rehearsal dinner

On the morning of the wedding, I surprised Cassie with a special gift.  A couple weeks back, I found an idea on pinterest where the bridesmaids would write a letter to the bride and present it to her on the morning of her wedding.  Well, I loved the idea, but I decided to take it a step further and invite her parents, grandparents, bridesmaids, personal attendants, and then, the most important person from her day, her future husband, to write her a letter.  I was really pleased with how it all turned out.  I purchased a purple 8"x8" scrapbook at Michael's and formatted all the letters in InDesign to fit inside the clear pages.  Each page included a letter and sometimes a photo or two from someone special to Cassie.  I tried to customize the fonts to correspond with the authors of the letters.  Guessing by the pile of tissues next to her when she was done reading the book, I think it was a hit.




1 comment: