Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cassie's Wedding: Part Two

It took a few hours for all five bridesmaids, mother-of-the-bride, and the bride to get ready at the hotel the morning of the wedding.  The hotel was kind enough to let us get ready in the bridal suite before the wedding.  After sipping on mimosas and nibbling on fruit all morning while we got ready, it was finally time to get Cassie in her beautiful gown and ride over to Black Bear Crossings on the Lake to take photos before the ceremony.



 
First look
It's very important that the bride stay hydrated.

We took a break from professional pics.

The personal attendants attending to the bride

Amber flew in from St. Louis and made it in time for photos.
The ceremony was perfect.  The weather was just like the rehearsal - high 80s with a light breeze.  Jake's cousin officiated; Cassie's mom's cousins sang; Jake tried to kiss Cassie a little too early (once the unity candle was lit).  You could feel the love, and everything was perfect.  Then, the wedding party loaded up in a party bus that took us to the reception.



The grand entrance for the new couple

Kyle and Erin were able to make it to the wedding, so we had a little Wayzata High School reunion.
I had worked on Cassie's Wedding Tree and presented her a prototype for her bridal shower, but I was even more pumped to have the final product ready for the reception.  I'm really happy with how it turned out, and I think everyone enjoyed it, too.


The Wedding Tree Instructions

The reception was lovely.  The food was amazing.  I had the steak, and ate every bite of it...and then Cassie's vegetables.  Like I said, the food was amazing.  Also, even though Josh had class until 3 that day, he still drove the five hours to make it to the reception.  It was wonderful to see him and have him share with me in Cassie and Jake's special evening.

First dance

Josh made it to the reception!



John and I were buddies walking down the aisle.  Heidi, one of the other bridesmaids, and I thought it would be funny to take a picture with John.  John is 6' 8" and Heidi and I are both about 5' 3" tall.  Another fun fact:  John also attended Wayzata High School with me and Cassie, but we didn't get to know one another until Jake introduced us in when he, Cassie and John were in undergraduate at St. Thomas.  I love how this world is so small!


So, that's the end of Cassie's wedding.  It was beautiful.  I loved seeing all her friends (most of whom I also knew) and family (who I love very much).  Dancing with Josh was also wonderful.  I'm so happy for Cassie and Jake and can't wait to share even more special moments with them for many more years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment