Sunday, August 12, 2012

Spice Up Your Life...

Growing up, I wasn't allowed to listen to "secular" music.  If it had drums or any sort of beat, I wasn't allowed to listen to it.  However, my sister didn't really care about the rules, and broke nearly every one of them.  One of them, of course, was the music rule.  Looking back on it, I can understand why my mom was so strict, but I still have a place in my heart for one of my first "bad" songs I learned - Wannabe by Spice Girls.  I also remember when my sister and I conned my mom into letting us rent Spice World at EZ Stop in Larimore.  I'm pretty sure mom had no idea what it was about (and we probably watched it after she fell asleep).  Anyway, tonight was the closing ceremony for the 30th Olympiad in London, and The Spice Girls performed.  It brought me back to my middle school days...and my love for Baby Spice.  Also, Posh looked awful.  I think she forgot some of the words and she looked completely uncomfortable dancing around on the top of her car.



However, after watching the original Wannabe music video, I'm realizing Posh didn't really contribute much to the music. How on earth did David Beckham notice her? She wore all black and barely sang...

No comments:

Post a Comment