Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Iowa City Weekends

This past weekend, Josh and I had originally planned to go to the drive-in movie theater in Newton. However, after he asked if I would come to a party in Iowa City after the movie, I opted to skip the movie and just drive over to Iowa City for Saturday night (I hate driving at night and like to avoid it if possible). It was a nice Saturday evening. We went grocery shopping together (apparently Josh thinks I can shop well - mom, you'd be proud!), and then made dinner together. After dinner, I took a little nap, and then we went out to a law school house party with his roommate, Alec. While walking over to the party, it felt a bit (read: A LOT) like going to an undergrad party at Iowa State (except we had to bring our own alcohol). I met a lot of Josh's classmates, and then randomly ran in to a cousin of Heather's husband. I love finding crazy connections with people! Anyway, it was wonderful to spend a low-key evening with Josh. On Sunday, I got on the road by noon, cleaned the house, cleaned out my car, and did a few loads of laundry before Jessica and I went to the fair. It was a great weekend.

I miss having a personal cook...

Newton, we'll be there at some point for a drive-in movie experience. I've got to get at least one under my belt!

No comments:

Post a Comment