Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back to School

Josh is officially back at school.  Orientation started on Sunday, and he's been busy all week with his intro to law school class, random activities for school, and reading.  Before orientation started on Sunday, we bought his books.  I forgot how expensive books are.  When I was in graduate school at Drake, I had two to three classes a semester, and books were typically $300 or less a semester.  Josh's books were more than that.  I had to take a picture of the total amount on the register.  Seriously, I don't know why books cost this much.

$729.75 for a semester worth of books
Josh enjoyed using the free Internet at the law building before orientation
First day of law school orientation
On Saturday, we spent the day moving Josh's things, and then went out to dinner at Stella.  The restaurant is less than five minutes from Josh's apartment, and offers sufficient g-free options for me.  The ambiance was amazing out on the patio - the weather was in the high 80s with a light breeze.  I had jambalaya with a Sutliff hard cider (made in Iowa!).  Josh  had the Italian pizza.  I have a feeling we'll be going back to Stella to eat again.

Jambalaya and Sutliff hard cider
 
Then, after dinner, we had a chance to relax and watch the Olympics.  By 10 o'clock, we were exhausted...and went to bed.  Only to be woken up at 2 AM by his neighbors.  Oh, the joy of apartment living in a college town...

We're turning into Bev and Gene Haugo (and enjoying their old recliners!)

No comments:

Post a Comment