Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cassie's Wedding Week

It's Cassie's wedding week, and things are really coming together!  I have 50 wedding programs completely done.  They turned out exactly as I thought they would, and I'm really proud of them.  I should have them completed by tomorrow night.  Here's a little sneak peek.  They evolved a little bit from the original version I made.


Also, a big shout-out to my mom who has been helping me.  She's an excellent paper folder, glue applier, and corner cutter.  Thanks, mom, for all your help.  I couldn't have done this without you - you're the best!

I ordered the materials last week, and am really happy with the quality and price of everything.  The cardstock was buy one pack of 50 sheets, get one for $0.01 at Michael's.  The organza ribbon was from Paper Mart, and was the perfect purple (and the organza is great for bows - super pliable).  And the wood sticks were from Discount School Supply.  The ribbon and sticks arrived in record time:  the sticks arrived in less than 24 hours (without rush shipping), and the ribbon arrived in three days.  Thank heaven for that!

Cost breakdown:
$8.00 [200 sheets of cardstock]
$15.03 [500 wood sticks]
$31.02 [4 rolls of 1-1/2" x 50 yards of ribbon]
$10.00 [glue]
$64.05 TOTAL

I'm making 160 wedding programs, and I'll have lots of leftover wood sticks, ribbon (I may return two rolls since I over-ordered), and cardstock.  Who knows when I'll need them for another wedding? 

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative. Your friend is very lucky. You know we will have a couple of weddings some day ;)

    ReplyDelete