Monday, August 13, 2012

A Little Love

Sometimes, I feel it's necessary to share a little love.  I adore Taylor Swift.  I think she's quite remarkable.  I think her music is honest.  I like that she actually writes her own music (or at least most of it).  I like that she's real (or at least she seems like it).  She's not super caught up in all the hoopla of Hollywood (and Nashville?).  She takes funny pictures of her cat.  She has a sense of humor.  She's not dumb and can actually formulate complete sentences.  Anyway, I think she's cool.  One more reason I like her, she's releasing a new album, Red, on October 22.  That's only 13 days after my birthday.  So, I'm going to consider this my birthday present from Taylor.  Thanks for that.


Here's an interview of Taylor talking about her new album.  She's wonderfully candid.  One more reason to love her.  Also, I feel it's worth noting that I've purchased every one of her songs.  I have her first CD (the one where she threatens an ex-boyfriend by calling him gay).  I bought it when I was a junior in college and listened to it during my hour-long-each-way commute to my apprenticeship every day.  We bonded.

Taylor Swift concert | Des Moines | 2010
Thanks for going with me, Heather!

Yes, I made Heather take a picture of me in front of Taylor's tour bus/semi.

No comments:

Post a Comment