Monday, August 13, 2012

Drive-In Movie Theater

I've always been enthralled with the idea of drive-ins.  To be honest, I'm a little surprised it didn't make it on my 30 before 30 list.  Anyway, on Saturday, Josh and I are planning our first date since he started law school.  Since I have a baby shower in Des Moines Saturday morning, and then the Rascal Flatts concert on Sunday at the Iowa State Fair, we decided to try our first "meet-in-the-middle" date night.  I heard about the drive-in movie theater in Newton a while back, but always thought driving an hour to watch a movie was quite ridiculous (since there is a movie theater five minutes from my house, why would I drive any further than that?).  Well, the hour drive for a movie is actually perfect since it's right in the middle for both Josh and I to drive.  Plus, the main feature is The Bourne Legacy, a movie we wanted to see together anyway.  Then, upon completing further research, I discovered the Pizza Ranch in Newton has a gluten-free menu.  It looks like we'll be having g-free pizza and a drive-in movie on Saturday.  Knowing I have this to look forward to, will hopefully make this week a little more manageable...

Pizza Ranch's g-free menu, part 1
Pizza Ranch's g-free menu, part 2
Also, I feel it's important for me to put aside my preconceived ideas of Pizza Ranch being grungy small-town Midwest (read: outdated) restaurants that didn't stand a chance (I've been questioning the opening of a new Pizza Ranch in Ankeny since I learned about it).  I was wrong.  Pizza Ranch isn't hokey...and since they offer a g-free menu, I'm pretty sure - unless the g-free menu is awful - I'll be frequenting their establishments often.

No comments:

Post a Comment