Monday, July 16, 2012

Kappa Convention 2012: A Review Part 2

I can't believe it's been two three weeks since Kappa Convention.  Time sure does fly!  I had better document what happened sooner rather than later, or I'll surely forget.

Jessica and I flew out of Des Moines at 6:30 AM, and arrived in Jacksonville, Florida at 11:30 AM.  A tour bus picked us up along with all the other ladies who arrived around the same time, and drove us to the Hyatt.  We spent the next four days together with about 1,000 other Kappas from around the United States, Canada, and abroad (I met one lady from England).  It was pretty amazing to see so many strong women who are true leaders.  Almost all of the Fraternity leaders were also business leaders representing companies from Waffle House, Dick's Sporting Goods, Major League Baseball, and more.  Being surrounded by them made me feel proud to be part of group of strong leaders.  It makes me want to do more.

Speaking of which, Kappa finally updated their web site and motto:  Aspire to be.  I guess they started looking into revamping the web site in 2005.  It only took until 2012 to get it completed.  However, it looks amazing.  I guess some things are worth waiting for. 

I attended lots of insightful sessions at Convention where I learned a lot about our ritual, Fraternity rules on academics and standards (mostly behavior), and how to be a better adviser.  I learned a lot.  I met a few interesting folks.  I mingled with familiar faces.  I grew.  It was great.  I want to have Kappa Convention all the time!  Can't wait to go to Texas in 2014!

Fraternity leaders participated in a flash mob.

Jessica and I found our chapter's flag.

This is very exciting, folks.

We're part of Zeta Province.
The advisers and members of chapter council from Iowa State.

Megan and Erin, my friends from Kappa Leadership Academy.

Jessica and I grabbed a glass of wine before our last dinner.

Before the Candlelight Banquet, we grabbed a photo with Katy.

No comments:

Post a Comment