Thursday, July 5, 2012

Before & After: Window Treatments

I've lived in my townhouse for almost five years.  About four years ago, when I installed the floors and painted the trim white in the living room, I took down all the white blinds.  Curtains were made for my large windows, however, I neglected the little window next to the TV.  The window is on the west side of the house, which makes watching TV when the sun is setting a little painful (since the sun is blaring in your eyes as you sit on the sofa).  I figured I'd get around to making something to put there someday...

Anyway, since mom has been camped out on my sofa for the past week, I figured it would be a nice guesture to not blind her every night when the sun sets.  So, I finished the curtains I started sewing about three years ago.  It took me less than an hour to complete this project, and the curtain rod was $5 from Target.  That's a deal.  Plus, no one on the sofa will be blinded when the sun sets.  It's a win-win for everyone, really.

Before & After: Window Treatments

No comments:

Post a Comment