Monday, July 30, 2012

Gymnast Eye Makeup

I've already mentioned my love of the Olympics.  But last night, I couldn't help but notice the amazing eye makeup on the gymnasts.  The Russians could get rid of their copious amounts of glitter sprayed in their hair, but I'm really appreciating these young girls' eye makeup skills.

Daniele Hypolito from Brazil sported a colorful look.
Jordyn Wieber from USA had a dramatic, smoky look.
Jordyn's eye makeup even withstood her heartbreaking news.
Gabby Douglas from USA had another smoky look.
Yamilet Pena Abreu of Dominican Republic sported light blue eyeshadow.
Overall, I'm a little jealous of their ability to use eyeliner and eye shadow.  It's an art I'm working on, but maybe I should have been a gymnast so I'd have that skill.  Or, maybe I'll be one of those crazy dance moms who lives vicariously through their children...and then I can learn how to do my eye makeup.  Or, maybe, I'll just visit Patrick a few more times to get a better grip on my makeup application skills.

Oh, and here's a look at the top view of the glittery hair from the Russian gymnasts.  It's a bit much, in my opinion.  It reminds me a little bit of my sophomore year formal.  It was a bit much then, too.

Glittery hair from the Russian gymnasts.
And then, for your viewing pleasure (and also mine), here's a clip of Aly Raisman's parents during her uneven bar routine from yesterday's event.  It's hilarious.  It's exactly what we all looked like (and I was running on an elliptical machine).

No comments:

Post a Comment