Thursday, July 26, 2012

Olympic Obsession

I love the Olympics.  Gymnastics is my favorite event.  I love the opening ceremonies.  I love the news coverage.  And...I love Princess Kate...and she's bound to be at this year's Olympics in London (here she is prepping for the games).  How convenient for her, right?  She even has cute blue pants for the event!

Princess Kate and the princes greet the Olympic torch at Buckhingham Palace.

Anyway, tomorrow is the kickoff for the events, and I'm proud to watch fellow Iowans compete.  Gabby Douglas is competing in gymnastics and Lolo Jones is competing in track.  I hope the best for these two girls - bring home the gold!

Then, there are the Kappas who will be competing:  Jen Kessy and Evie Stevens.  Go Kappa!

And, of course, there's always Michael Phelps.  I don't even know how to swim, but I love watching him.  He's like a fish!  Hoping the best for him, as well!  Maybe one year, they'll need me to be an Olympic Flag Bearer...a girl can wish?

I'll be parked on my sofa tomorrow at 6:30 PM with my channel set to 813 (the high-def version of NBC) watching the opening ceremony (seriously, why is Ryan Seacrest hosting this?).  If you call, I won't answer - I have very important things to watch.  If you can't tell, this girl is pumped!  GO TEAM USA!


No comments:

Post a Comment