Thursday, July 19, 2012

One of Those Days

I'm usually a pretty happy person, but today I've had one of those days.  Things just felt a little "off" all day.  Everyone annoyed me.  Everything annoyed me.  My photo shoot turned out beautifully, but I was annoyed that my photographer didn't want to break for lunch when I did.  Um, have you ever heard of the term hangry?  Because that's how I get when I don't eat on a normal schedule.  My blood sugar drops...and so does my mood. 

I almost didn't take Sophie on a walk after work because I was just pissed.  Then, I bit my lip...for probably the third time this week.  Seriously?  What is wrong with me?  Maybe I should go to the orthodontist and have them check out my bite.  I've also been thinking I should get my retainer replaced soon - it's starting to crack and if I have to go a night without it, I'm sure I'll have a mental breakdown.  That thing is a huge comfort for me.  Probably because I had braces in college and don't want to go through the process again.  I look young enough without braces...they knock off at least five years...and I would really love it if people would look at me and assume I'm at least 20.

I'm feeling rejected a lot lately which is something I can handle in small doses (thanks, dad, for that), but it's been more difficult to handle lately.  Maybe I just need a hug from my mom.  That usually does the trick.  I was supposed to call her tonight, but I was feeling crabby and didn't want to take it out on her.  She's not the problem...

Maybe a picture of cute Sophie will help things.

Sophie smiles.  This is proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment