Wednesday, April 18, 2012

We all make mistakes

Yesterday was a weird day.  I have been on my g-free kick for almost a year.  And I had a breakdown.  I wanted to test myself to see if it was still a problem (I know, a day after I was on my pedestal about how awesome g-free is).  Turns out, gluten still hates me.  I had a meeting in Ankeny and thought I'd just swing through the KFC drive-thru to get my favorite mashed potatoes (that's how I got through 18 months of braces in college) and maybe a grilled chicken leg.  I had to wait about three minutes before I could order - in the land of fast food, this is an eternity - and once the little high school kid asked to take my order, I decided to just go with a meal.  It seemed like the grown-up decision:  a leg, thigh, small mashed potatoes (no gravy), and a drink.  Oh...and a tasty, buttery, gluten-packed biscuit.  Shoot.  I slipped.  It was amazing.  All two minutes it took to eat that little delight were heavenly.  The last two hours I spent in pain before bed last night, were not so heavenly.  I hope I learn my lesson.  Or take a sleeping pill after I eat another biscuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment