Monday, April 23, 2012

Catching Up

Tonight was pretty wonderful.  Michaun and I were supposed to have dinner with some other Chicago-area Kappas, but things fell through at the last minute, and we had an intimate dinner with just the two of us.  It was amazing.  She took me to Farmhouse (no, Emily, not the fraternity we stayed at the summer between sophomore and junior year of college).

The rustic touches and mouth-watering meals make me want to return.
Michaun had the following: Half Roasted Amish Chicken, Baby Cumin Carrots, Roasted Forest Mushrooms, Cracked Pepper Spaetzle and Rosemary Jus.  I had this tasty dish:  Tender Boneless Beef Short Ribs, Horseradish Whipped Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts, Crispy Buttermilk Onions, Natural Braising Jus.  Actually, this is from their menu online, which I'm noticing is a little out-of-date.  Michaun had chicken and I had the short ribs.  The sides were something else.  Detour...  Anyway, being the good Midwestern girls we are, we cleaned our plates.  Ok, I did.  Michaun was polite.

Catching up was fantastic.  The food was amazing, but the conversation was even better.  I may not have all my besties living in the same state, but it sure is nice to visit!  I guess this makes every moment together even more special.  Can't wait to visit again this summer and go on a super cool river cruise!


No comments:

Post a Comment