Monday, April 23, 2012

Tradeshow Fun

Every year since I started working, I've been lucky enough to attend the National Kitchen & Bath Industry Show.  This year, I'm back in Chicago (it's my third time here), and I'm really looking forward to the next few days.  I love Chicago, especially when it's not raining, super cold, or super windy. 

This week, I think I'm in luck.  The weather should be in the 50s and 60s with no rain (although it says nothing about wind, which is likely in the Windy City).  I'm staying at the amazing Hotel Monaco, and for the first time, I'm on the 12th floor.  I have an amazing window seat with a fabulous view of the Chicago River.
The pictured window seat is where I'm sitting right now.  It's perfectly normal to be jealous.

This is my view.  It's pretty spectacular!


Also, tonight, I'm having dinner with a few college friends.  One of which, is my dear friend Michaun.  I love her.  She's pretty great.  Not that my other friends aren't - they're all wonderful in their own way.  Michaun is one of the nicest people I know.  She's probably a tie with wonderful Joanna.  Spending any amount of time with Michaun is refreshing...even if she's hungover like she was this past December when I was visiting Chicago.  She's just so easy to talk to and makes everyone feel better (which is probably why she's so good working in HR).  So, I like spending time with her and I can't wait to see her later.  I have a framed picture of us in my living room.  It's from our first week as freshmen at Iowa State.  We were wearing our Kappa shirts and eating watermelon at Watermelon Fest, the welcome fest for all the new Greek members.  I made her hold up her slice of watermelon in the photo...and, of course, made sure it made the frame crop.  Below is my most recent picture with Michaun.  It's from this past February when we went to visit Heather and Baby T in St. Louis (and Emily joined us from Minneapolis).  She's my Mexican friend who is married to a Filipino.  I was born in the Philippines, so I feel an even greater bond with her now that she married Rod.

Emily, me (holding Alison), Heather (holding Baby T), and Michaun
I hope to have more updates later this week.  I already learned how to upload photos from my iphone to my computer.  It's the little things in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment