Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Menu

Thanksgiving is this week, and we have three wonderful family-packed celebrations coming up.  I like to bring desserts to two of our family events).  Since no one else in our families eats g-free, I do my best to make sure what I bring is delicious and doesn't taste weird (I don't want to be "that" family member who brings the food everyone else avoids).  Here's what I have on my menu.

For Thursday and Friday's Thanksgiving celebrations, I'm bringing Salted Caramel Apple Bites, Mini Pecan Pies (it's a family recipe; I'll show pictures once I make them), an apple pie (with this awesome crust mix from the Gluten Free Pantry), and Pumpkin Whoopie Pies.

(source)
For Saturday, I'm hosting the dinner, so I'll be making more than just dessert.  Here's what's on the menu: a lovely roasted turkey (and thanks to The Pioneer Woman's show yesterday, I know how I'll be making it), whipped potatoes (I make them a little different every time I make them), cornbread stuffing (from a Whole Foods recipe), gravy (made with cornstarch like this recipe), roasted acorn squash, and a peanut butter chocolate pie for dessert (from Simply Gluten-Free).  Since I'm the difficult one to cook for, I like to make the tricky menu items and ask my guests to bring the easy stuff (like cranberries, veggies, and beverages).  After church this morning, we purchased all the ingredients, so I'm ready to rock for this food-packed week!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment