Saturday, November 17, 2012

Hero Homecoming Surprise

My sister is a teacher's aide at the elementary school where her two youngest kids attend school.  Yesterday, the school held an assembly where students spoke about who their hero was.  One fourth grader, Jackson, shared with everyone how his soldier dad was his hero and how he missed him very much because he was fighting for our freedom in Afghanistan.  Being an Air Force brat, I remember how hard it was when my dad (or my friends' parents) were gone for months at a time.  Dealing with uncertainty of whether they were coming back was awful.  So, stories like this always make me tear up.  When my sister posted this link on Facebook yesterday, I knew I had to share it.  Jackson, I'm so happy you get to spend Thanksgiving with your dad!

Read the article (and watch the video) on our local CBS affiliate station, KKCI.com.  Have tissues close - you will need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment