Saturday, November 3, 2012

Babies, Babies, Everywhere

Next weekend, I'm hosting a baby shower for Emily.  I'm super pumped and can't wait to shower her with love (and lots of food).  I made her baby shower invitations on a whim one Monday night with nearly all supplies I had on hand, spending only $8 at Archiver's on three sheets of scrapbook paper and a white pen (some of my leftover envelopes from a past Christmas card were dark gray, so the white pen was for addressing them).  Here's a quick shot of them.  I love how they turned out (Lavanderia and Century Gothic are my go-to fonts currently) and can't wait to put together all the things I want to do for her shower. 

DIY baby shower invitations


Per Emily's request, I am not going crazy on this shower.  The invites literally took me about three hours to make from concept to completion.  I'm really trying to stay simple, and incorporate things I already have or borrow from some of my resourceful friends.  I've been stashing away lots of great ideas on my Pinterest baby shower board, but here are a few I'm loving.

(source)



(source)



(source)



And in other news, we found out last week Josh's sister is preggers!  Yesterday, I got to spend the day shopping with her for maternity clothes, and talking about some nursery things.  I'm so excited to be an auntie again - I'm a REALLY good auntie!  May 5, 2013 can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment