Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sundays are the Best Days

Growing up, Sunday was always the day of rest.  Well, except for attending the three church services.  I never quite understood that part.  Two morning services seemed enough for me.  Anyway...I digress.  This morning, Josh and I were a little late to church (what's new; I was busy making lemon poppy seed muffins).  But, we weren't the last ones there, so that always makes me feel better.  After church, we avoided a fender bender on our way to the grocery store (just moments after the pastor warned us to drive safely).  Josh and I don't get to go grocery shopping very often, so it was kind of nice to have someone to push my cart around the store.

Once we got home, I started portioning out our food and cooking for the week.  It's only 3, and I've already made baked chicken for us (and some for Sophie since she's decided she hates all dog food), Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Bell Peppers, and a roast is cooking for dinner.  To top it off, Josh's laundry is done, I'm working on my laundry, and Sophie and Josh are spending the day on the sofa (with their time split between sleeping, reading and watching TV).  Sometime, I feel like my life is a crazy mess, but days like today make me realize I've got it pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment