Monday, January 28, 2013

Shine Bright Like an Emerald

Did you catch that?  Shine Bright Like a Diamond...  Thanks, Rihanna.  Anyway, emerald is Pantone's Color of the Year.  I'm totally digging it, which surprises me since I typically like lighter, less rich colors.  Now that I type that, I wonder...does that make me bland?  Whatever.  I'm comfortable with boring.

So, the reason I care about emerald is because I'm working on a photo shoot for next week, and I need to figure out what colors to put with Emerald.  Um...white and black?  That's my go-to combo for basically every color.  Or, I'm loving every color in the Fashion Color Report for Spring 2013 but African Violet (I love deep purple, but light purple...not for me).  So, maybe things aren't so bad.  Maybe I can make emerald green work...

(source)


(source)
(source)

And while I'm on a music kick, have you heard Justin Timberlake's new song, Suit & Tie?  I like it.  Probably because he made my senior year of college amazing with Bringing Sexy Back.  Or maybe it's because I love dressing up.  Speaking of which, I need to figure out what I'm wearing to Law Prom in February.  If you have any suggestions, send them my way.


No comments:

Post a Comment