Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Kappa Weekend

This past weekend was the 2013 Zeta Province Meeting for Kappa Kappa Gamma in Lawrence, Kansas.  Jessica and I drove over to Lawrence after work on Friday and spent the weekend with four chapter officers from Iowa State, as well as a couple of hundred other women from chapters from Iowa, Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska.  We had the opportunity to network with other chapter members, advisers, and alumnae.  Also, our Province had the honor of hosting Fraternity president, Julie Leshay, at our meeting.  I've admired her since she spoke at Convention this past summer (read about Convention here and here), so seeing her up close and attending a seminar she hosted was quite the experience.  I love listening to her speak.  I swear she has the same voice as Ethel, Lucy's neighbor on I love Lucy.  She's classy, smart and poised.  I hope I'm as cool as Julie one day. 

During the Candelight Banquet and awards ceremony, our chapter received the Jane Froman Philanthropy Award, and the Ames Alumnae Association received honorable mention for the Tradition of Leadership Award.  Kudos to Jessica who is the philanthropy adviser and also president of the Ames Alumnae Association.  It's nice to see her hard work recognized and awarded.

my favorite college sweatshirt

our fabulous chapter leaders and advisers

it's so great to share these moments with a good friend!

imagine running into you!

oh, hey, Julie!

my favorite dinner

I love advising these girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment