Thursday, December 27, 2012

Caribou Coffee is Open!

Caribou Coffee opened today in Ankeny (909 SE Oralabor Road).  It's kind of a big deal in my book.  I've been anxiously awaiting the grand opening...for a few months now (I first blogged about it here in October).  Every time I drove on Oralabor, I drove on the furthest south lane just to get a look at it.  The shop is beautiful (I forgot to take a shot of the beautiful pendants...you can kind of see them in the photo below) and smells like new construction and coffee...which is a glorious combination.  I got my usual warm coffee drink: skim vanilla latte.  Because it was the first day of being open, I wasn't sure if they'd get it right, but the team nailed it.  I am so happy Caribou has finally taken roots in Ankeny, and I look forward to enjoying lots of drive-thru (and sit-down) cups over the years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment